Search for a game or read one of our recent reviews:
- Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day! - Date of Review: April 20, 2012 Format Reviewed: DS [...]
- Rocksmith - Date of Review: October 31, 2013 Format Reviewed: Xbox [...]
- Candy Crush Saga - Date of Review: June 5, 2013 Format Reviewed: iOS [...]
- LittleBigPlanet - Date of Review: April 23, 2013 Format Reviewed: PS3 [...]
- Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP - Date of Review: April 13, 2013 Format Reviewed: iOS [...]
Reviews are based on a standardized format.
To assist educators, along with documenting and discussing a game’s format(s), genre(s), release date, number of players, series, characters, online capability, plot, gameplay, and replay value, reviews assess a game’s cultural and historical value and teaching and learning characteristics.
Since reviews also strive to aid librarians in collection development decision making, reviews also evaluate if any equipment or maintenance are needed/required and recommend types of libraries and collections that particular games may fit into.
Videogamecat reviews assign scores to games on a 100-point scale (0 being the lowest and 100 being the highest).
Scores adhere to this scale:
|60-69||Recommended With Reservations|
|100||Very Highly Recommended|
Scores of 100 are avoided unless the game is virtually perfect.
If you have any questions about any of the terminology used in these reviews, please consult this guide.